Teen Services Coordinator
Position Overview: Part-time position, working at both the Community Library of the Shenango Valley in Sharon, and the CLSV Stey-Nevant Branch Library in Farrell.
Essential Job Functions:
To provide library services and programming for and with teens (typically ages 12-18)
Plan, implement and evaluate library programs and services that will fulfill the diverse educational, recreational and personal needs of local teens.
Perform community and school outreach, both in person and through social media.
Have strong technology background, knowledge of Makerspaces, STEM programming, and social media.
Have strong knowledge of teen literature and graphic novels.
Conduct community needs assessments to identify teen needs, to tailor programs to address those needs.
Work closely with Director and Branch Manager to create and maintain teen library collection including relevant print and digital resources.
Must be available to work some nights and some weekends.
Important Job Functions:
• Knowledge of current trends in library services for teens
• Knowledge of standard library procedures, current information technology, Internet and database search capabilities
• Knowledge of best practices in teen services
• Ability to communicate effectively with others, orally and in writing
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, patrons and community
• Circulation desk duty
• High School Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• Experience working for and with teens (ages 12-18)
• One or more years of professional experience in a library setting preferred
• Criminal Record, Child Abuse, FBI Clearances
• Valid PA Driver’s License
Be able to lift up to 40lbs